Thursday, October 4, 2012

Running Pop Quiz



1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?

PowerBar Gel Vanilla or Raspberry Cream flavors.  I like that these have thinner consistency than other gels (which are more like eating toothpaste) and that you don't actually have to chew the contents.  I'm always paranoid I'm going to choke on energy chews or candy.  

  

2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?

10ks - 1/2 marathons are my favorite.  As much as I like the idea of running marathons, I've never actually enjoyed training for or racing them that much.  I haven't done that many 5ks, but maybe next year.

3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?

All of the above (at different times).  Most of the (non-pregnant) time I wear Nike Tempo Track shorts, but I have a skirt for when it's really humid or raining, capris for when its a little cold, and tights and pants (which I have been known to wear at the same time) for when it's really cold.

Wear all the clothes!
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?

When it's super hot, I like Gatorade after I run.  I only carry water with me when I go because I don't want my Camelbak to taste like grape.

5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?

Neither, but cold I suppose.



To a point.

Not running weather.
6. Running Shoe Brands: Suacony, Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Asics or Other?

Brooks all the way.

7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?

Oatmeal + berries + almond butter is always a winner.

8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or Other?

Usually 1x per week.

9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?

I usually listen to music on long runs but never in races.  I always feel paranoid that I'm going to miss something.

10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or Other?

All of the above.  Just replace "cupcakes" with "ice cream".


If you're a runner, reply with your own answers or take the quiz on your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment