Monday, February 6, 2012

Goodbye, World

After some consideration, I've decided to become an ex-pat from Blogland.  I just unsubscribed from all the blogs in my Google reader, and this is going to be my last post.  It's not that there aren't blogs that I enjoy reading- I do- see my sidebar for many examples- and that I haven't appreciated the connections I've made through Blogland- I have- but it's time for me to go.

When I really think about what I want to do with my free time- breaks at work, time in the early morning- reading blogs and writing a blog that very few people read aren't on that list.  Back when I was racing a bunch and getting connected to other runners, it was a lot of fun, but my priorities have changed.  

I'm not going into total hermit-mode.  I'll come by and visit other blogs sometimes- to see pictures of babies born and laugh at funny captions and Paint drawings- but I want that to be a conscious action, not something I default to doing while I'm waiting for a program to run.  

I'm also not going to take the blog (or my earlier running blog) down because I *think* I'd like to go back to look at what was going on in my life from 2008-2011 some time.  And who knows, after a break, maybe I'll pull a Brett Favre and come back out of retirement 10 times.  

I don't expect comments or anything, I just didn't want anyone to think I'd fallen off the actual Earth.  Just the blog Earth. Goodbye!


2 comments:

  1. I hope to see you at Crazy Legs or some of the other local races! I totally understand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! Take care.

    ReplyDelete