Friday, June 29, 2012

15 weeks

Weighing in at 132.5 and undeniably starting to grow.  It's been fun to start telling people and a relief to my dwindling wardrobe that I can wear things that cling to my midsection a bit without having to worry that someone is going to figure it out.  At 15 weeks the baby is the size of an orange.  His/her ears have moved to the side of the head (glad to hear it), and the baby is starting to move around- although I probably won't be able to feel it for another month or so.    


Sorry for the poor self-photography skills BTW, but I was in a hurry when I took this and decided I could live with it featuring the closet door.

I feel *almost* completely normal now, which is a huge relief considering how hot it's been here.  It's nothing compared to down south, but 90-something degree days every day get old no matter where you are.  Let us all bow our heads for a moment of prayer that the campus water chilling plants continue to stay online so our building won't be forced to shut down its HVAC system like last year.  And if it does, I'm working from home.  No questions asked.

I've been busy getting adjusted to being back at work and Daniel has been very very busy teaching his computer science summer school class.  The biggest work news for me is I found out that my first publication as first author has been accepted.  I have no idea when it will actually be published, but stay tuned.  We are planning to either go to the union terrace or to the top of Observatory Rd. to picnic and watch the fireworks with some friends but otherwise have no plans for the weekend other than to stay cool and possibly do a rain dance in the hopes that all the grass in the entire state doesn't die.

Also, I PROMISE that I'm going to put up the London pictures soon.  Really, really, really.  AND, once I go through and make sure there's nothing way too inappropriate typed in any of these posts (need to delete our address from one...), I'm going to open the blog back up to be publicly accessible if you want to share the link with family, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment