Friday, July 27, 2012

19 weeks

I've had a major growth spurt in the last week:


Just kidding... that's the belly pillow you can use to try on maternity clothes.  As a side note, stretchy, elastic-waist clothing is awesome.  My new duds will serve me well through any further pregnancies and all major holidays.

Here's the real 19-week shot:


Only 6 more days until the 20-week (or 19w6d in our case) sonogram.  I'm beyond excited to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl and be reassured that he/she has all her appropriate parts.  Also, I think maybe I'm starting to feel the baby move...  It's hard to tell, though.  I've felt a few little twitches off and on but nothing conclusive.  


A description of what the baby is up to this week from What to Expect..com: 


Have you ever seen a mango dipped in cheese? [Editor's note: No, I have not].  Well, that's what your baby looks like this week due to a little growth spurt (she's about a half pound in weight and six inches long) and a substance called vernix caseosa. 

Here's the "What your baby looks like" graphic from Babycenter:


I'm thinking the baby looks pretty uncomfortable.  No wonder it's starting to kick around.  I wouldn't want my legs all up in my face like that.  

Between the cheesy mango description and the baby contortionist picture, let's all raise a glass to infantile amnesia!

No comments:

Post a Comment