- The sunrise over the lake was beautiful. I stopped to take a picture as I was biking into work. Those little black things on the water are the crew team practicing.
- I got four tickets to the Indiana - Wisconsin game next Saturday when my in-laws visit.
|I was never super impressed with a rodent as a mascot, but|
that thing looks pretty mean.
- I sat at my desk at work and decided that what I was trying to convince myself were allergy symptoms were really symptoms of actual illness, and I should take my first sick day since 2008(!) and go home.
- Three episodes of Mad Men, a 3-hour nap, 200 pages of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, 1/2 a 2-liter bottle of Diet Mt. Dew left over from our work chili cook-off lunch, and 11 hours of sleep later, I feel much better. I'm still coughing a bit, by I have my energy back and the achy joint, hot-cold swing symptoms are gone.
- Which is good news since I'm signed up to take a photography class today. It's warm, but we have a lot of fall color going on- the perfect combination.
- As long as I continue to feel better, I'm still planning to run the Literacy Network 10k tomorrow but with "managed expectations".
Enjoy your Saturday!