Saturday, December 17, 2011

Seven things Saturday

1. It snowed!  The weather channel says no significant accumulation but the street in front of our apartment begs to differ.  I'm headed out for a little Winterland excursion as soon as I finish this post and find my grippers.  Hopefully the plow comes by soon so I can get to the grocery store and yoga this morning.

2. I picked up a few end of 2011/ start of 2012 items in the last couple days.  A new planner and calendar and some Christmas cards for the final few names on my list.  I actually like these cards way more than the ones I originally bought.  If I have leftovers, I may have to send some people a second card...



3. This is who I want to be when I grow up.  Too bad I'm already short one PhD from Harvard.

4. If you get one song stuck in your head this weekend, let it be this one:



5. Last week we had a huge flock(?) of swans hanging out in Lake Mendota.  And they were real this time!


6. Dinner from a few weeks ago: Chicken. Waffle. Sandwiches (Hat tip, Cooking Light).  Very strange, but quite tasty.

7. Tonight starts Christmas party season.  We have our church small group party tonight, our singing party tomorrow afternoon, and my work party is on Wednesday.  We aren't making anything special because we'll be going out of town so soon, but we're planning to bring along a crudites platter and (ssshhhh) some random things from the fridge that need to be finished up.

What's going on in your world?  

2 comments:

  1. Yup - I now have that song in my head . . . it is pretty catchy and I love her expressions. ;-)

    I am waiting for my coffee to brew, then drink a little, then head out is our beautiful winter wonderland for a run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that calendar! i just started using my new 2012 planner (it started december 12 - yay!) and i ordered our wall calendar...i always make a customized one with photos from throughout the year - this year's is all wedding pictures!

    and i am loving this snow...i'm glad we FINALLY got some!

    ReplyDelete