1. Continue riding my bike to work through the end of the month - Well, I gave up on that awhile ago, but I have been doing a good job walking to/from work and taking the stairs as part of my anti-laziness campaign.
2. Finish another row on my snowflake afghan - Um... I got a row of snowflakes done but not sewn together. I think doing one or the other but not both is realistic for one month. I also blame the Gators and their abysmal season for me not finishing the whole row. I'm sure I would have worked on this more if I'd had some football to enjoy. It will actually be half way done when I finish this row.
3. Practice the piano for more than 11 hours - I had 10 hours, 35 minutes when I totaled up my practice time at the end of the month. We'll be gone a lot this month traveling for the holidays so I know I won't hit 11 hours, but I'll try again in January.
4. Do yoga at least twice a week and figure out my winter training schedule - I actually have done a good job with this one. I got a month unlimited yoga package from the Ashtanga studio down the road, and I've really been enjoying it. Since I ran the Haunted Hustle, I've been doing yoga 4 days a week, about 1/2 hour of weights two days a week, and running about 1/2 hour three days a week. I think that's a good schedule for the winter, but part of me wants to take the plunge and do yoga 100%. I'm really enjoying it and making progress, but I know that daily practice is important, and I'm not good about doing it without actually being in a class. BUT, I'm scared to completely stop running. I don't want to turn into a human bowl of Jello. Maybe I'll try it next week and see how it goes. I'll certainly still be able to run three miles in a row if I take a whole week off and then start again.
5. Write my Christmas letter and get my cards ready - I did write the letter (actually a 5-stanza Christmas poem) and buy cards, but we had some technical difficulties getting our picture ready. I'm planning to get that printed off at Target this evening, and I can assemble the cards tomorrow to get them out in the mail on Monday.
December goals... Because of all the rigmarole around the holidays, I'm only going to set two:
1. Continue doing yoga multiple times a week. There's an Ashtanga studio that's not really close to where my parents live, but they have a 1-week "try it out" deal that you can do that would be perfect for our vacation time. I also have a good DVD I can bring along.
2. This one is terrifying, but I'm putting it out there - stop drinking soda again. I really like Diet Mt. Dew, but I got a scare a couple weeks ago when I chipped a tooth, and I know diet soda is not good for bones/teeth. In the immediate future, I want to replace soda with coffee (because I would die without either the magic fairy dust or caffeine), but I want to quit coffee and caffeine after I get my teeth cleaned in January. I think the motivation to keep my teeth sparkly white will be helpful. What have I done???... I'm getting heart palpitations just thinking about it!