Monday, May 21, 2012

9 weeks


Nice farmer's tan, eh?  Guess I could have used a little more sunblock when we went to the track meet last weekend.  Things are and feel pretty much the same as last week, which makes sense because the baby has only moved up in fruit sizes from raspberry to green olive/grape.

I've been feeling less crappy or at least better able to head off feeling crappy.  I'm still having a hard time with meat and vegetables, but I have been trying to get in one serving per day (as well as a few of fruit).  I've actually noticed that if I make sure to eat a little something as a snack between meals, I feel less queasy and more able to make good choices at meals.

It doesn't always work out that way.  We went out to a celebratory (London + baby + anniversary) sushi dinner (shhh, don't tell my OB) last Friday and that went down fine, but it afterward when we went grocery shopping, it was impossible to come up with anything remotely healthy that I could take for lunches for the week.  We stood in the bread aisle at Target while Daniel suggested every food he's ever seen me eat and I rejected each one.  Then we landed on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, which I decided... yeah maybe I could eat that... on cinnamon raisin bread.  Weird.  We have stir fry set out for dinner tonight, and while I was kind of concerned about doing steak + broccoli, eating something savory and at least somewhat healthy for dinner actually sounds kind of good.

Exercise has been a casualty of this process, too.  I wouldn't care too much except that my eating habits have been SO bad and I don't want this to turn into a 50-lb pregnancy.  I mean, I'm eating for two, but one of us is the size of an olive (not even a Kalamata olive).  Right now I'm still doing yoga 4 times per week and jogging 6 miles 3x per week.  Before I really started having morning sickness I was doing an additional 3-4 miles 2x per week before yoga, but I've had a heck of a time adding that back in.  It's just been sooooooo hard for me to get up early.  My former willpower seems to have bought the $1 Megabus ticket and is on the way to Cancun.  If I run before yoga I have to be out of the apartment by 5am, and I dunno... I just can't do it.  Part of me says, who cares, wait until T2 and then add the days back in and part of me says I need to do what I've always done and just get up.  I really don't want to gain too much weight here in the beginning and if I continue only running 3 days per week  I may have to invest in some prune juice.  Meh... I don't know.

We'll see what the coming weeks bring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment