Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday link love

Innovations in Fair Foods - Taking fried to a whole new level.

An excerpt:
Deep fried pickles (which I would totally eat):


 Deep friend butter (which I don't get... butter doesn't really taste like anything by itself):


And the creativity award goes to...deep fried bubble gum (which the article says is actually a bubble gum flavored marshmallow).  This one wins the best in show for the careful attention to presentation.  Whatever that blue stuff is makes me want to run out and grab 10 of these.


Any foods you think could only be improved by deep frying them and/or putting them on the end of a stick?

 Hat tip:Katie at Cookies and Crafts

3 comments:

  1. I just posted about this. Freaks me out, honestly. I do have to admit though, that I am strangely intrigued by the deep fried pb and j sandwich. Its sick, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had deep fried pickles - it's apparently a requirement if you live in Mississippi for any length of time (my co-workers forced me to order them at my farewell lunch). They're actually really tasty!

    Daniel - I'm looking forward to a future post showing your methodology for frying Mountain Dew.

    ReplyDelete