Thursday, November 15, 2012

Three things Thursday

1. My sweet, wonderful coworkers hosted a potluck and baby shower for me yesterday.


They very generously gave me a lot of great baby items including a bottle washer, What to Expect During the First Year, adorable baby clothes, bath items, a mirror for the car so I can tell what the heck the baby is doing back there while I'm driving, a Pack-n-Play, and a gift card to round out the rest of our needs.



The picture album contains index cards with funny, sweet and helpful parenting tips from everyone.  I haven't read them all yet, but "Don't mix Mt. Dew in the baby formula" sticks with me.  I'm presuming that's because it clumps.  Don't worry - I'm planning to breast feed, and I'm sure he'll get plenty of Mt. Dew through that.

2. My belly button has officially popped out.  I wasn't 100% sure for awhile because it looks nothing like a normal outie belly button, but I'm thinking this is what I get.  No pictures.  Thank me forever.

3. We are driving to Milwaukee this evening to see a live taping of Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me.  I know it's kind of silly, but that show has gotten me through a lot of hours of house cleaning, and I find it pretty funny and entertaining.  I know the time we have where we can just drop everything and go out on a Thursday night is very limited (6 weeks ABSOLUTE max), so I want to enjoy these last few opportunities.

The weekend is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment