Friday, October 19, 2012

31 weeks


While I'm still feeling good and moving around well, I'm starting to see why women are ready to be DONE being pregnant at 40 weeks.  Anything that involves bending in the middle - putting on my socks, lifting something out of a deep freeze (that was exciting, and no, I didn't end up in there head first) and doing a seated forward fold in yoga - have gotten much more difficult.  The other noteworthy thing that happened this week is I crossed the line from having a "normal" BMI to being in the overweight category.  Not that it applies when your pregnant, but I thought it was interesting.  I can totally see why people feel so much better when they lose weight.  Carrying around a bunch of extra weight (even if it's cute, wiggly weight) is HARD.

Also, running is totally out at this point.  I think the last time I ran was at 29 weeks, and it was uncomfortable even with the belly band.  As much as I would have liked to run right up until delivery (I'm amazed at moms who do it), it's actually been a huge relief to not try to struggle through it anymore.  I ran when I thought I was going to puke during the first trimester and when I thought my bladder was going to explode during the second trimester.  Now it's time for a break.  I'm still walking 4mi around my neighborhood 3-4 times per week and doing the elliptical 2x so hopefully I'm maintaining some kind of aerobic fitness.

This week the baby is the size of a pineapple.

[source]
He's developing neural connections and is processing information from all 5 senses.  There's lots of movement in there, and I think he's discovered a bulls eye painted on the inside of my upper right quadrant because it seems to be his favorite spot to kick and stretch.

Lots of baby related things coming up in the next week.  Tomorrow is the "taking care of your baby" class at the hospital, Sunday we go on a tour of the labor and delivery unit, Monday is the breastfeeding class, Thursday I have another ultrasound to look at the baby's position, and Friday I have my next OB appointment.  Whew.  I remember when I signed up for those classes they felt like a million years away.  Time really has flown!

1 comment:

  1. Good update. GnGM came through and enjoyed catching up on your posts. :) I hope you are feeling better today, also! MM

    ReplyDelete