They've ranged from the mundane but still stress-inducing:
- I went to a meeting on the wrong night
- My parents were in crisis but I couldn't do anything about it because I was too far away
To the weird:
- I was in the UW marching band and my boss was the band director and I had NO IDEA what I was supposed to be doing
To the truly frightening:
- Going to downstairs to the garage to find out that someone had broken in the apartment and set our car on fire during the middle of the night (somehow we didn't notice this while it was actually going on) and being unable to lock the door from the garage to the apartment, knowing that whoever torched the car was planning to come back the next night to murder us.
Although my dream last night was short, it was disturbing enough that it has all previous zany/scary dreams in the last 6 months beat:
- The baby was moving around a lot, and I looked down at my stomach to watch all the little twitches and kicks. At one point, he pushed up against me hard enough that I could see a clear outline of his foot and instead of a cute baby foot, it looked like a duck's foot. Suddenly, the skin on my abdomen because translucent (like a fish bowl), and I could see the baby swimming around inside me, and HE HAD WEBBED FEET AND HANDS like a tiny Gollum. Dream over.
I don't put any stock in dream interpretation, but I wouldn't even know where to start if I were going to try to look up the meaning of that one...
Had any funny/strange/scary dreams lately?