Saturday, December 1, 2012

37 weeks

Full term!



Even though the baby hasn't made any indications that he's ready to come out any time soon, it's exciting to think that it really could be any time now.  I alternate between being nervous about parenthood and desperately wanting the baby to be OUT.  Today the latter is true.  My stomach and lungs feel like they are being crushed, and I feel like my abdomen is ready to explode like that scene in Alien.  And it itches.  I feel every bit as big as I look in that picture.

The fruit of the week is the winter melon.

[source]
  I don't think I've ever seen or eaten a winter melon before.  According to Wikipedia it's mainly grown in South and East Asia so either The Bump is trying to reach out to an international audience or it's running out of fruit.  I only have pumpkin, watermelon and jackfruit left to go.

1 comment:

  1. Remind me to show you the pic I took 3 days before M was born. I was HUGE!

    ReplyDelete