Friday, December 28, 2012

The day of reckoning

One of the best things about pregnancy is that you're supposed to get big.  One of the worst things about not being pregnant anymore is that you're supposed to get small again.  And that's where we're at, ladies and gentlemen.  I know that many women lose all of their pregnancy weight during the first few weeks postpartum, but it's not looking like it's going to go that way for me.  I'm still up 7lbs from pre-pregnancy and 17lbs (yikes) from my normal weight.  Plus I look like a deflated Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade balloon.

I haven't really worried about losing the weight up to this point for a few reasons - some are noble - I wanted to make sure I'd recovered well from the surgery and had good milk supply - and some not-so-noble - it was Christmas and I love junk food.  However, it's time to start the downward trend.  I'm pretty restricted on the kinds of exercise I can do (nothing vigorous, no lifting) until I get cleared by the doctor in the beginning of January, but I've been walking on the treadmill and trying to increase my speed and distance.  Unfortunately that means my #1 weight-loss method will be (ugh) eating healthy.  Not that I don't enjoy eating healthy food, but just like everyone else who has ever lived, I enjoy eating unhealthy food, too.  

I'm not planning to do any special routines or diets - just plain old calorie counting and trying to avoid "carbage".  I'll try to post about how things are going - not because this is the most interesting or important topic to any of my readers- but because it will *hopefully* be good for accountability.  And once I start actually working out again, I can write about that, too.  I did actually run - like races and stuff - once upon a time.      

On a completely different (and much more fun) subject... I love dinosaur baby clothes:

No comments:

Post a Comment