Friday, February 22, 2013

Five Things Friday

1. We went to two baby story times this week - one at the Monroe St. library and one at the Middleton library.  We did some songs and little finger plays and read a couple children's books.  I liked the activities, but honestly, anyone can write a kid's book.

 
2. I took advantage of the library outing to pick up this


and this (hat tip, Andy)


I started reading Stiff (aloud) today while I was nursing Scott, and I think we're both going to like it.

3. Does anyone have a recommendation for kids' music that isn't awful?  I've started singing the ABC song, Twinkle Twinkle, etc. for Scott, but a run out of songs and animals that make one syllable sounds pretty quickly.  In general, I hate kids' music and TV programming, but I wouldn't mind finding a CD of nursery rhymes and traditional songs - preferably one that doesn't have kids singing on it.

4. 43 reasons why growing up in Florida was paradise on Earth.


I love that there two dedicated to Publix (Publix subs are the best), although I disagree with #18 because Grad Nite at Disney was AWFUL.  So crowded.  So all night.

Coquina and manatees are pretty sweet.



Hurricanes and jean shorts, not so much.  




Yes, are drivers' tests are a joke.  No, I can't parallel park.  Other than some flurries, I didn't see snow for the first time until I was 13.

5. I did some running and stuff.  I'm guessing you guys can live without details this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment