Thursday, February 7, 2013

Three Things Thursday

1. Scott has - more or less- had a good first two days of daycare.  On Monday, his teacher said he'd been sleeping and eating well and otherwise just chilling and out and watching what's going on in the room.  Wednesday was a slightly different story.  He took a good nap but didn't eat very much (only 7oz unless there was a mistake recording how much he ate - his teacher was gone by the time we picked him up), and he's got a little bit of congestion and a cough.  So I dunno... part of me is glad he's there because - even though he obviously doesn't really "play" yet, but I think he gets older, he's really going to benefit from the experience of being around other kids - but part of me already feels bad for dropping him off to starve in sickville (major exaggeration - I know that's not what's really going on).  On the whole, I've been remarkably okay with it though.  It helps that 1. I feel like the majority of the interactions I've had so far with the daycare has been positive and 2. I know that, while I miss seeing him on days I work, I also know that I'll get to spend all of Tuesday and Thursday with him, so it's not so bad.

2. Nursing moms - Did you know that the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) requires health insurance companies to cover a breast pump as of 1/1/2013?  I called Dean on Tuesday and found out that our plan covers the Medela manual pump if you have a prescription from your doctor.

[source]
I called mine and explained that I wanted to get the pump to have as a back-up in case something happened the electric pump (or if we were traveling and I didn't want to bring the entire milking parlor) and she called in the prescription.  I picked the pump up from Home Healthcare United (by Upper Iowa University - you can see it from the belt line).  There was an $8 copay, but $8 (well, plus our health insurance premiums) for a $40 pump is a pretty good deal.    

3. This is my new favorite blog: Parenting Illustrated with Crappy Pictures.  Hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment