Thursday, February 14, 2013

Three Things Thursday

1. Scott had his 2 month old physical on Tuesday.  The doctor was pleased with his weight gain and developmental progress.  Scott was NOT pleased that he had to get 3 shots.  He grabbed my fingers and I held his hands while the nurses did the dirty work.  I had to close my eyes while he was getting stuck, but at least I didn't cry, too.  The rest of the day he was really sleepy and irritable and didn't eat much (I pumped 10oz in one go first thing Wednesday morning!), but he seems to be perking up now.  On the plus side, we found out that he weighed a little more than 11 lbs - almost twice what he weighted when we brought him home from the hospital.

I love this picture

2. I'm not going back to work full-time in March.  I'm going to reduce my hours to 75% time and to in to work Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and make up 6 hours each week at home.  I think it's going to be a good balance of getting out of the house and thinking and having adult interaction while also having time to spend with Scott and do all the house stuff that takes approximately 20 bajillion times longer than it did pre-baby.  I felt like, if I went back to work full-time, I would have spent every second of my time with him getting ready for the next day or week of work and not much time interacting with him and enjoying all the fun and excitement as he grows this first year.  Yeah, it probably means we'll have to dip into our savings for the next couple years, but maybe this is what we were saving for.  Also, I feel so blessed that my boss and coworkers are supportive of the decision and our daycare is flexible enough that we could change Scott's schedule

3. A day in the life of a teenage girl in the late 1990s. (Hat tip, Kerri)



This one took me back.  I did SO MANY of these things down to the "wash your hair with Herbal Essences shampoo and spritz yourself with Gap perfume".  I remember getting so excited for my YM magazine (so much more mature than Teen) and Delia's catalog to come in the mail.  And yes, I spent way too much time re-affixing glow in the dark stars to my ceiling.


It was a simpler time.  Now That's What They Call Music was on volume 1 (up to volume 45 as of February 2013).


"Wasting time on the internet" hadn't been invented yet.


And our versions of the iPod



iPhone


and iPad


were decidedly less cool than the real thing.

1 comment:

  1. It's exciting to hear that mommy and Baby Scott will have more time to spend together - and especially that you have support at work. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete