Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Got plans for Saturday night?

Our church has a service that meets downtown in an old theater (The Majestic) that during the other 85% of the week functions as a bar and concert venue.  It's always fun to look at the posters and see what they've got going on.  Usually it's reggae, jam bands, and 80s vs 90s DJ spin-offs, but occasionally they do something unique.  This month there are a few good ones.  

If you're free Friday, Dec 2, you can catch the Talking Heads Dance Party.

All images from the Majestic's website
 On the 10th there's the Brittany vs Gaga Dance Party.


And on the 17th there's the Mad Men Holiday Soiree (featuring real glass cups- you know it will be classy).


Actually, if I were cool AT ALL, I think it would be super fun to dress up all 60s-like with pearls and dance like white people were meant to.  

Speaking of the early 60s, I started reading The Help this weekend, and it is really good!  It's not a book I would have picked out myself, but I'm enjoying it so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment