Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Back in action

I had my postpartum check up today, and I'm cleared to start working out again*.  YAY!!!!!  I've been doing some walking (with a few jogging intervals thrown in there just to test the waters), but I've been very motivated to take it easy after the delivery.


I'm always amazed when I read or hear about another woman's great comeback to running after motherhood, but despite my own grand plans, I'm not sure that will happen for me.  I'm certainly not going to be in race shape anytime soon and probably not PR shape for a long time (I guess that's where the "after baby" PRs come in), but - after almost a year off of real training- I'm still excited to get back into it again.  I've updated my running tab to reflect the change.


*except for doing ab work - I'm supposed to wait another two weeks for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment