Thursday, January 17, 2013

Three things Thursday

1. I'm planning to drop in on the Titus mom's group at church today.  Because it's been so cold and Daniel has been taking the car to work most days, we haven't been getting out much (at least compared to my old BS - before Scott- life).  It will be nice to get out of the house for awhile, do some socializing, and have a "pretending I'm a stay-at-home-mom" experience.  

2. Last night I put Scott down to sleep and he was soooooo quiet.  I went back to my own room and then had to get up and check to make sure he was still breathing... twice.  And then I had Daniel check on him a third time when he got home.

Except for Saturday night/Sunday morning he's been going to sleep fairly easily and sleeping really well through the night with one wake-up (knock on wood).  Unfortunately we've had a couple big spit ups on my side of the bed, and we've realized that the white box on the changing table would be more functional if it were baby poop yellow.

someecards.com - May the gooey substances on your clothes almost always be food.

3. I'm officially on junk food detox.  Seriously.  For real this time.  I keep making excuses like, "After all the Christmas candy is gone, etc." but I need to stop the madness.  Last night I had too much sugar/caffeine (I was eating Hershey Kisses), and I had a hard time sleeping.  Not being able to sleep while the baby is sleeping is unacceptable.  Plus, I just started wearing my regular pants again this week and going crazy on the candy isn't doing me any favors.  If I want something sweet, I still have plenty of the world's most delicious oranges (thanks again, Mom and Dad) to snack on.  I know, moderation, blah blah blah, but I think I need to just shut it down for a little while.  No more junk food until... I decide otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment