Friday, January 11, 2013

Fitness update

The big news is I started "running" again - yay! yay! yay!

Again, this week has been a mixed bag when it comes to my resolution to get back into exercise in a way that I can sustain once I have to go back to work.  The week at a glance:

  • I was up early and done exercising by 7:30 am on Wednesday and Thursday.  7 am would be better, but I'll take it.  Daniel left for school at 7 am on Wednesday and 8 am on Thursday.  
  • But, Sunday and Monday were late nights making Monday and Tuesday late mornings.  Daniel didn't leave for work until almost noon.  It's hard to strike the right balance between feeling more rested (and getting up later) vs. being more tired but trying to stick to the schedule. 
  • Running was, um, difficult.  It's hard to imagine getting back into shape to run a race or even do a real workout, but I'm trying to stay positive.  Right now my plan is to make M,W and F easy/cross-training days and T, R and S run days.  As much as I've lost cardiovascular fitness, I know I've lost a lot of strength, too, and I need to get back into some kind of strength training routine for cross-training.
  • My weight was down to 132 lbs today (2 lbs to go until I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight).  Again, I'm not crediting myself with any kind of virtue when it comes to eating or exercise.  I think I'm just still losing water weight and whatnot after the delivery (but I'll take it).
Cute Scott picture of the day:
And he means it...

No comments:

Post a Comment