Monday, January 28, 2013

Mr. Scott

7 whole weeks old!
 

Fortunately, fears about 6-week sleep regression proved to be unfounded, and Scott's even starting to stretch the time until his first wake up.  On Saturday night, he even made it from 9 pm to 4 am.  I think he was overly tired, and I don't expect it to happen again until he's older,  However, on a typical night, he'll go to sleep around 9:00/10:00 pm and then wake around 1:30/2:30 am to be changed and fed.  After that, he's been going back to sleep until 6:30, which is great, but it actually makes exercise timing slightly harder than when he was waking at 5 am.  Right now I'm loving the later wake-ups, but on Wednesday and Friday, when I go back to work, I'm planning to get up at 5am, pump, and leave the bottle for Daniel in case Scott needs to eat before I get done.

Despite the cold weather, we had a few major outings this week.  Last Thursday, Scott went with me to the dentist (slept the whole time) and then joined me for lunch with a friend and then went in to the office to meet my coworkers.  He was awake for part of lunch and the whole time we were visiting at work, and he was a champ.  He seemed to be enjoying seeing all the new lights and hearing new sounds and had no problem being held and carried by strangers.  The same was true when we went to a dinner party on Saturday evening.  Hopefully the lack of fear of strangers (does he really even know who I am?) will make the transition to daycare easier next week.  I know I'll cry, but it'll be a lot easier on me if he doesn't.

This is another week of firsts for us.  We have our daycare orientation later this afternoon (BTW - thanks for all your advice on pumping/ questions to ask/ etc.) and then Nana (Daniel's mom) is coming to visit for the rest of the week to stay with Scott while I go back to work on Wednesday and Friday.  I'm hoping that the "trial" separations before he goes to daycare will help ease the transition for me.  We'll also get some data points about how much he eats and when and how much I'll be able to pump.

Well, it's my last Monday off... gotta live it up (by vacuuming).  Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment