Monday, January 16, 2012

Ships passing

For the first time ever, Daniel went to bed this morning as I was getting up.  This used to happen not infrequently with my college roommate, who was a total night owl, but the 8 - 5 Daniel keeps is usually am to pm and not the reverse.  He has a big deadline for a conference paper submission tomorrow, so he's in the final push to get everything together.  I'm so glad I'm not in graduate school.

For my part, I was slightly less than completely lazy yesterday.  After running around doing church stuff in the morning, I came home, practiced the piano, and then worked on some decluttering.  Glancing through the last couple weeks of the declutter calendar, it looked like the major themes were kitchen, bathroom, and medications.

I won't say my cabinets look like they belong in an issue of Southern Living or Maratha Stewart's magazine, but they are definitely better than they were before.  In the process I threw away a frightening amount of OLD food and discovered I had 7 cans of tomato sauce.




I cleaned up the shelf in our hall closet where we keep the medicines and extra shampoo, saline, etc, and my bathroom cabinet shelf (not pictured).

It was one of those things that I didn't really want to do before I started, but tossing out Tylenol that expired in 2006 put me in the mood, and I'd finished sorting while listening to an hour of a really depressing episode of This American Life in no time.  I covered all of the relevant declutter activities for the coming week (one of the benefits of living in a small apartment), but I do plan to join Rachel in cleaning out the crud in my purse sometime today.

BTW- do not listen to this if you won't want to hate yourself for wanting cool new electronics.  It's about the working conditions for people who manufacture iPhones and iPads, and I'm sure the same things are true for the Dell I'm typing on right now.

Speaking of depressing, I join our state in corporate mourning for the Packers, who lost to the Giants in the NFL playoffs.  I didn't watch any of the game, but I know it will be the talk of the town today.  It's a good thing we have today off of work.

On the menu last night: Leftover Chili's.  I *think* I will actually try to cook something for this evening even though Daniel won't be home.  At least it was one step up from ice cream.

I work out: Not yesterday.  Too lazy.  *I honestly hope I'm not coming down with something.  I NEVER don't want to at least go for a walk.  A lot of people at work have been sick :(*

Bible: Jacob et. al. move to Goshen in Egypt.






No comments:

Post a Comment