Monday, January 30, 2012

Whew

Still caffeine free.  Still alive.  Daniel is still alive.  My brain was angry with me from Saturday afternoon through yesterday afternoon, but I think the worst was over once I hit the 48-hour mark.  I couldn't find any reputable sources for how long it takes to work the magic fairy dust out of your system, but the disputable ones (ask.com, livestrong.org, about.com etc.) seem to agree on a week being the upper limit (gulp).

Fortunately I wasn't drinking a pot a day or anything, and I have some decaf so I don't to go through a change in routine as well as withdrawal from chemical dependence.  We'll see how work goes today.  As far as I can tell, I'm thinking clearly.  Or as clearly as I normally think at 5:30am.

This weekend was a lazy one but there were some highlights.  Friday evening we went out to Smokey's (a local supper club) for restaurant week.  Daniel and I debated what the definition of a supper club is.  It's one of those things that is hard to describe but you know it when you see it.  Our working definition Friday night was "a steakhouse that's not fancy".  I'd like to refine that to "A supper club is a steak house where you are offered A1".  

On Sunday Daniel played at church and then went in to work, making me look like a lazy bum because the best I can say for my Sunday afternoon is a I accomplished some afghan making and Mad Men watching.  I feel like I should care that I've been such a TV addicted hermit the last few weekends, but honestly, I don't.  January and February are kind of boring months around here.  While it was technically nice enough to go out for a walk yesterday, the windchill and remaining sidewalk glaciers made the thought unpleasant.  And I did talk to both my parents and my brother.  And I'm still showering and getting dressed and everything.

Ugh, I take back what I said earlier.  My brain is starting to throb again.  Hopefully yoga will help it chill out.  Otherwise today is going to be a looooooong day.  Caffeine free day three, here I come.

On the menu: Chicken Caesar salad.  We roasted the chicken using a new method where you heat a cast iron pan in the oven, then cook the chicken breast side up in the hot pan t 500 for 15 minutes and then turn it down to 350 until it's done.  It's supposed to help the dark and light meat get done at the same time.  We haven't eaten any of the dark meat yet, but the breast was very good.

I work out: Yoga and a walk Saturday.  Absolutely nothing yesterday.

Bible: I need to take "goat in mother's milk" off the menu for Thursday night...

No comments:

Post a Comment