Saturday, August 4, 2012

20 weeks

I've hit the (approximately) half way point!



I feel like I've grown so much over the last two weeks.  My belly has finally moved out of the "just finished my second Thanksgiving dinner" phase and into the "is probably pregnant and not just a glutton" phase.  It's funny because - even though I'm now 8lbs over my pre-pregnancy and 18lbs (gulp) over my normal weight -  unless the baby is moving or I look down, I still feel like my normal self.  I guess that's how people end up as contestants on The Biggest Loser.  "I know I'm 300lbs heavier than I was when I graduated high school, but I still feel the same..."  Oh well, if it comes to that, I'll try hard to win the $100,000.  

According to the estimate from the ultrasound, the baby makes up 12oz of those extra pounds.  The ultrasound tech didn't give us an estimated length, but the average at 20 weeks is 6.5 inches from crown to rump - about the length of a banana.  The big event of the week is being able to determine the baby's gender but the other developmental milestone is that he's drinking (and excreting into, ew) the amniotic fluid.    

It was exciting to see our church group last night and all the changes that have been happening over the summer when we haven't been meeting regularly.  We decided we really need to start taking more pictures.  One little girl who was born in September of last year is standing on her own now, but hasn't quite decided to start putting one foot in front of the other.  Our other October baby is walking with mom and dad's help but has no idea which direction to point her toes.  She has figured out that it is really fun to chase after the dog.  The mom of the other little boy in our group is due to deliver in two weeks.  I'd never heard of it before, but we got an invitation from a mutual friend to join Meal Train, which is a website that allows to schedule and sign up to bring meals to someone who had a baby or surgery or a death in the family.  We're signed up to bring them chili and corn bread on Sept 18.

This afternoon we're headed out to the Sugar Maple Music Festival.  Daniel is bringing his guitar and I'll pack a few baby books to read while we relax and listen to music.  There's a severe thunderstorm warning in the forecast for late this afternoon, but hopefully it will rain and nothing more.  Off to finish up a few things around the house before Daniel returns from yoga and we leave for the afternoon...

       

No comments:

Post a Comment