Friday, August 10, 2012

21 Weeks

These things turn out so much better when I'm not the photographer.

Just 19 more shopping weeks 'till Christmas, folks.  This week the baby is the size of a large banana, carrot, or pomegranate, depending on the site you check (I check them all for the fruit/vegetable I find to be the cutest).  He's about 10.5 inches long (from head to toe - before week 21 the measurement is from crown to rump) and weighs in around 12.5 oz.  His taste buds are starting to develop and "research" shows that after birth babies are most interested in tastes they've experienced through amniotic fluid.  However, that "fact" was brought to you by the very low-impact factor journal The Bump.com, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.  I mean what IRB is going to approve a study to see if newborns prefer pizza*?  Not even the University of No One Cares.  Not even.

I'm feeling good except that I find watching the Olympics to be too exhausting.  Staying up until 10:30 or 11:00pm and getting up at 5:00-5:30am is wearing me down.  I've been yawning all day.  Too bad both of my weekend early mornings are booked so sleeping in is out of the question.  Saturday I have to get up and run and get the CSA box before Daniel leaves for yoga at 9 and Sunday we have our second to last week doing set-up at church downtown.

Not much else is going on this weekend so maybe a nap is in store.  I keep telling myself that I should so *something* to get ready for the move, but I just don't think I'm going to have the motivation until the keys to the new place are in my hand (which should be sometime in the next week).  Most of the stuff I want to move first is already in boxes, and I don't want to have tons of new boxes piled up around here with no place for them to go.  I did call and got the water and electricity turned on at the new place on Sept 1, so we area all ready to do the mega move.  Only three more weeks until I have my own washer and dryer!  

*I'm sure they put drops of flavored milk on their tongue and see... well... what I'm not sure.  I have no idea how to tell if a newborn likes something.

No comments:

Post a Comment