Friday, August 24, 2012

23 Weeks



Things have been changing a lot around here!  I was starving at the end of last week and the beginning of this one, and it seems to have paid off in a big growth spurt in the last few days.  This morning when I stepped on the scale I realized I'd hit three milestones: 1. The 140 lb mark (up 10lbs from pre-pregnancy), 2. If I stood straight up and looked down, I could no longer see my toes, and 3. The skin on my stomach has stretched enough I can see all the way to the bottom of my belly button.  

Even though I'd heard a strong heart beat at my last OB appointment, I'd been nervous earlier in the week because I hadn't felt the baby move very much.  I guess he was just resting up to grow because yesterday morning I was rewarded with some great kicks that I could even see from the outside.  This week the baby is the size of a large mango or grapefruit, weighing in at a about pound and about 11 inches in length.  He'll double in weight (up to a whopping 2lbs) over the month.

[source]
I'm still feeling great.  No weird skin changes or swelling, although I know I have plenty of time for both.

Also, check out the new "pregnancy" tab at the top of the blog home page.  Now you can view all of the Friday updates week by week without having to wade through the rest of my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment