Although I've put off any packing so far, I have been giving the moving process a lot of thought and have a running list of apartment things to do (to go along with the baby things to do list). Some things I've checked off already.
Sign lease and e-mail back to landlords
- Receive copy of signed lease back
Send in security deposit and post-dated rent checks(I was afraid I'd forget when baby brain really started to set in)
- Get keys to new apartment
Put in 90-days notice at current apartment
- Pay final rent to current apartment
- Get coupon for movers from friend or buy a Bucky Book
Transfer utilities Turn on water
- Turn on internet
- Buy TV antenna/ digital converter box/ thing that will play Netflix movies
- Voyage to Ikea
- Kitchen table???
- Update address with services/ put in change of address with post office
- Figure out how to watch something/ listen to music while using treadmill in garage
- Pack and move small stuff
- Have movers take over big stuff
- Clean current apartment
- Unpack at new apartment
- Donation to St. Vinny's
And while it seems like a lot to do (and I'm sure this list will continue to grow), I keep holding out having my own washer and dryer and dishwasher as motivation. 19 more days until I don't have to go outside to do the laundry!!! With any luck, we might even miss this year's millipede season.