Friday, September 14, 2012

26 weeks

Still looking/feeling the same on the outside, although I will tell you (but not show you, thank me later) that my belly button has started to look really weird.


The baby is the size of a head of lettuce this week:

[source]
His eyes are forming and will open soon, and he's practicing breathing and developing his immune system.  And moving around.  Like woah.  He's a feisty one, too.  Yesterday at my doctor's appointment he kept kicking the Doppler while she was checking his heartbeat.  Not just kicking while she was using the Doppler... kicking the exact spot where she was pushing down.  Already overachieving :) ...at what I'm not sure, but it's never too early to start thinking that anything the baby does proves that he's the most wonderful human being to have ever existed.  Just wait until I tell you about the first time he poops....

The rest of the doctor's appointment was good.  I do not have gestational diabetes - yay!  I celebrated with a big bag of Pixy Stix for lunch (not really).  All my other labs are fine, and the doc. said I was a model pregnant woman.  Just keep on keepin' on for the next four months.

No comments:

Post a Comment