Thursday, September 13, 2012

Drink up

It's glucose tolerance test day.  Mmmmmmmm.


50-Sun Dex is part balanced breakfast... when you balance it with eggs with a little salsa for flavor, which I did because I really do not want to fail this test.  Do that and you have to take the three hour glucose tolerance test with the gallon jug of Sun Dex...  No thanks.

I just took my first couple sips of the stuff, and it's not too bad.  It tastes like Hi-C.  No better, no worse.  I think the last time I drank anything this sweet, it was mixed with an equal part of everclear and served in a trash can at a UF marching band party circa 2001.

The back of the bottle has all kinds of scary medical warnings.  The most common reactions are nausea, vomiting, abdominal bloating and/or headache (which also reminds me of that party...).  The instructions are for the patient to remain quiet (because you'll scare it?), refrain from smoking or drinking beverages containing caffeine, and to protect the beverage from light (because it sunburns easily?) and to chill it before serving to "enhance palatability".

Well, wish me luck.  I have to head over to the doctor's office in about a 1/2 hour so I can get ready to have my blood drawn and then I have my (almost) 26 week OB appointment.    .

No comments:

Post a Comment