Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Welcome to the neighborhood

The good news is that I got out and explored our new neighborhood on foot for the first time early this morning.  I think I've found a nice 4 mile loop that's well lit and well traveled by joggers and walkers.  It's hilly, and there are lots of connecting streets that I can turn down to keep things interesting.

The bad news is that I think my running days are over.  Some part or parts that keep my left leg attached to my torso are really painful - not so much while I'm running - but during the rest of the day after I run.  It happened for the first time two Saturdays ago, and I took a whole week off hoping it would get better (the elliptical and walking don't bother it).   Sadly when I ran last Saturday before we moved the same thing happened.  At the end of the day I was gimping around and my leg HURT.

It's disappointing because I'd hoped to make it way farther along in pregnancy before I had to give up running, and I'd thought that it would be a slower decline rather than a sudden end.  I plan to keep up walking and doing the elliptical and lifting weights and going to yoga, but I know stopping now is going to make it EVEN harder to get back in shape after the baby is born.  But on the other hand, I'm afraid if I don't stop I'm going to get injured, and that's not going to help anything either.

On the other hand, I made it to 24 weeks, which isn't too shabby either.

On the other other hand, there's still lots of exercise to be had climbing stairs, putting things away now that our furniture is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment