Have 20-week ultrasound and find out gender- Done!
- Read books about baby care, labor, child development, etc. - In progress
- Create a will - Still need to think about this...
Call in-home daycare providers and interview- Done! Update address with daycare centers once we move Call daycare centers/providers back in Nov. to see where we stand on wait lists
- Add baby to insurance
Send in OB intake form Call diaper service and decide if that's something we want to do- Pretty sure Otherwise research cloth diaper options
- Attend labor and delivery, breastfeeding, and postpartum care classes at the hospital
- Choose a pediatrician - Eeek. I keep putting this off, too.
- Buy car seat from UW health
- Take car seat to the fire station to have it properly installed
- Wash baby clothes/bedding
- Decorate nursery
- Pack a hospital bag
- Choose a name
Get flu shot
- Get whooping cough (yes, it's going around in WI and babies don't have immunity for the entire first year) shot
- Have Daniel get flu and whooping cough shots
And the things we either need to or think we might want to buy:
- Car seat
- Crib (mattress, bedding??)
Bassinet/ something for the baby to sleep in when he is very little- Will probably just use a swing if he needs it
- Dresser to use as changing table, changing pad
- Futon or other sleeping surface for baby's room
- Rocking chair?
- Diapers and changing supplies
- Nursing pillow
Breast pump(bought from Craigslist), bottles, equipment
- Pack N Play for downstairs
- Swaddling blankets/ sleep sacks
- Baby sling
- Baby book/ photo album
We're making our epic voyage to Ikea (but that deserves its own post) next weekend so many of the furnishings and bedding-type items will be checked off the list. Almost all our baby classes happen in October, and my baby shower and the last baby class are the first weekend in November, which will take care of another chunk of the to-do list. It's amazing how much there is to think about, though. And how easy it is to forget things. Like I really really really need to research pediatricians. And that will thing... we need to think about that. Time is going to fly by.