Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I love my labor-saving devices

You know how I was feeling a little bit nostalgic about leaving Eagle Heights yesterday?  Yeah, I'm over that now.  Deciding at the very last minute to scrub all the windows helped.  And besides, I'm in love with all the appliances at our new place.  I have put together a short tribute to each one.  

Oh washing machine, I already don't know how I lived without you all to myself for four whole years.  I know you will never dump leftover bleach on my sheets and towels like other washing machines from my past.  


Dryer, lovely dryer.  I look ahead with delight to the wonderful hours we'll spend together after the baby is born.  I can rest assured that if I ever leave clothes in the washing machine after the cycle is over, no one will take a pair of jeans that justbarelyfits and throw them in you for 3 hours on the irradiate setting.


I forgot how much easier it is not to have to share laundry equipment with who knows how many people living 11 other apartments - plus the ones who sneak in.  I making it a personal goal to never ever ever ever have to go outside to do the laundry again EVER... especially not in the snow.

Dishwasher, sweet dishwasher.  This picture is lopsided because I can't help but incline my head to the right as I gaze lovingly at you.  Now the answer to the persistent question of has to clean the nasty pan left to soak in the sink is, "No one".  No one human at least.  Thank you, dishwasher.  You have improved our evenings at least as much as a half a bottle of wine and a trashy nightgown from Victoria's Secret good book.  


And last but not least, my dear friend Central Heat and Air.


Thanks to you, I slept under something heavier than a sheet for the first time in 4 months.  No more rattling window unit spewing mold spores on us.  No more waking up in a puddle of sweat at 2am, wondering how I possibly have been asleep in the oven for the last 4 hours.  Now we run the fan at night because we like how the white noise gives us trippy dreams and not because we'd melt otherwise.

You're the best.  Peace out.




No comments:

Post a Comment